Deos Ransomware Virus Description
Deos Ransomware Virus is a dangerous computer virus which falls under th category of ransomware. If you are unable to open your important files or documents or if it becomes unreadable, it certainly means that files have been encrypted by Deos virus. This malicious ransomware is found to use AES cipher encryption method for encrypting victim’s files stored on the compromised system. It uses .locked extension name which it appends with the encrypted files or documents. Some file extensions are mentioned to which it is programmed to target include .asp, .aspx, .mdb, .odt, .php, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .psd, .sln, .sql,.txt, .xls, .csv, .doc, .docx, .html, .jpg, .xlsx, .xml and so on.
Technical Analysis Of Deos Ransomware Virus
Soon Deos Ransomware Virus successfully installed on your PC, it’s malicious files resides at multiple locations inside the system. Like,
Locker.exe is the primary malicious file of this kind of ransomware which aims to perform variety of functions on the computer including encryption of file also. Another thing it does is that it creates registry entries in the subkeys Run and RunOnce to run itself on the Windows Start-up. The following subkeys where values can be located are :
After all this modification, this nasty ransomware may delete shadow volume copies which almost reduces the chances of backup of the lost data.
Encryption Process Of Deos Ransomware Virus
The above mentioned ransomware targets those specific files which costs a lot to user upon losing. These files basically contain images, documents, audio, video and other data. The malware uses AES encryption method to encrypt the data and files. Because of this method, it performs some different modifications in the core structure of the file itself. After encryption, an extension .locked is attached to every file. As the threat accomplishes its task, it drops a ransom note on the desktop which tells users about the encryption of the files and to pay ransom amount which is generally in bitcoin. It demands for 0.1 BTC. On paying ransom amount, you can get back your files.
Various Distribution Method Of Deos Ransomware Virus
In order to widely spread itself, a number of techniques are used by Deos Ransomware Virus to distribute itself instead of being limited to only one method.
- Spam emails are among the various distribution methods which contains malicious code inside it.
- It may promote itself in form of fake setups, key generators, Adobe Flash or Java Player updates, license activators or other file types.
- Using bundling method in which harmful codes are bundled with free downloads.
- Visiting malicious sites.
- Clicking unknown ads, pop-ups, banners, deals, offers, etc.
As soon as you open these malicious files, Deos Ransomware Virus begins to download its payload on the victim’s computer.
Malicious Traits Of Deos Ransomware Virus
- Deos Ransomware Virus makes all your files inaccessible and hard to open and modify.
- The system becomes extremely slow which is difficult to operate.
- It steals sensitive data and files from the system.
- It opens backdoors for other threats and malware.
- Performance of the PC gradually falls down.
Getting Rid Of Deos Ransomware Virus From PC
Either manual or automatic method can be chosen to remove Deos Ransomware Virus from the computer. Manual method is as given below:
Delete Deos Ransomware Virus From Control Panel
- Click on Start menu -> Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a Program.
- Select the unwanted program in the window that appears,.
- Click on Uninstall.
Delete Deos Ransomware Virus From Task Manager
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys to open task manager.
- Click on Process tab.
- Select malicious processes.
- Click on End Task button.
Delete Deos Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press Win + R key together to open run dialog box.
- Type ‘regedit’ in the box and hit OK.
- Find out malicious entries and delete them all.