Easily Remove Dridex Trojan From PC : Best Removal Instructions
Dridex is a nasty trojan which is specially designed to collect data related to online banking account. According to researchers, this nasty threat is associated with W32.Cridex!gen12 because both the trojan are developed by same person or group. This trojan was first spotted around 2014 and according to its infection report, it has mostly target the financial or banking institution of European countries. This very threat is designed by expert cyber criminals which contain new malicious techniques and routines. Because of these features, the trojan is able to avoid the detection of antivirus software. Beside that, Its developer always update its features to remains safe from security researchers. Similar to other Trojans, it also insert silently in its targeted computer and start executing its malicious process. Apart from credential information, it can also collect information of online account such as social media sites.
Dridex Trojan : What happen after the infection?
Once Dridex get installed in the system, it add it with a Botnet and inject itself into the default browser of compromised computer. Usually it target the Windows based PC and infection report suggest that the threat is able to infiltrate any Windows operating system. It is also known to inject malicious code into the website which the user open in the infected system. Once executed on the affected system, its start performing a series of malicious action. Here are some activities which this trojan is reported to perform in the infected system :
- Uploading, downloading and executing malicious files
- Monitor web traffic and also take browser screen-shot
- Add system to Botnet and communicate with peer nodes
- It is also capable of downloading and executing additional modules
- Able to blacklist certain type of hosts
As suggested in recent reports, Dridex new features seems to be pushing it towards the hitting the crypto-currency wallets. This means that criminals behind this trojan are trying to steal Bitcoin and other digital currency as well. The one and only purpose of this trojan is to collect banking related information which it send remote server and allow its creator to access your bank account and transfer the amount stored in it. The malware is reported to user of about 300 different organizations in more than 40 regions. If you also detect it in your system then don’t waste time and remove it with the help of strong removal tool.
The following image show the working of this Trojan :
How does Dridex infiltrate into users’ systems?
The infiltration method of this nasty trojan is very similar to a ransomware infection. Criminals behind this threat sends the targeted user an email which contains a document like Microsoft Word or Excel. This document may look like genuine but remember it contains payload which download the malware in your system. The criminals try to lure the victim to open such attachment by using names of reputed and legitimate companies. User’s should refrain from opening such email or attachment without proper verification. In addition, is you suspect Dridex attack in your system, immediately change your online banking and other account information.
Removal instruction of Dridex Trojan
It is necessary to remove Dridex Trojan if you detect it in your system otherwise it steal your money and also bring other infection into it. In order to remove it, you can use the following removal steps.
Step 1 : Remove Dridex Trojan from control panel
- Close all active programs and select control panel.
- Now select uninstall a program and features option.
- You will get all the installed software.
- Find out program related to Dridex
- Click on Uninstall option to remove it.
Step 2 : Remove Dridex Trojan from Task manager
- Simultaneously press CTRL+ALT+DLT keys
- It will open Windows Task Manager
- Now go to Task tab and click on unknown task
- Then press on the End task option
- Again go to Process Tab select suspicious process
- Finally click on end process
Step 3 : Enable Hidden files and Folders
- Click on start menu, select Folder option
- Then go to the advance settings
- Here, enable the “show hidden files and folders”
- Check the box if it is unchecked
- Click on Apply and then OK
It is not easy to remove Dridex Trojan with the help of manual steps, because it create certain files and entries. Therefore, it is suggested to use Free-scanner if you really want to remove it completely from your system.