Easy Steps To Remove JS.Kopiwak : Trojan Removal Guide
JS.Kopiwak is a latest detection in the Trojan category which has infected a number of computer in a short period of time. According to ESG security analysts, the trojan primary target the user of eastern and central Europe. Cyber criminals create this infection to run malicious activities in the compromised computer. As sample collected, the threat is able to invade almost all the version of Windows OS including the latest one too. This sophisticated threat is capable to silently get inside into its targeted computer even some of the security software also fails to recognize it. It is designed to keep changing time and location regularly which also make its detection difficult. Once it get inside your computer then it create lots of chaos which lead to serious computer problem. If it exist in your system then its removal is necessary.
Technical Details of JS.Kopiwak
- Type : Trojan
- Detected on : February 2, 2017
- Updated on : February 10, 2017
- Targeted system : Windows OS (XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- Infection length : Varies
- MD5 : 40a5dd7fd8a1d9a2027070db784440f7
- Distribution : Worldwide
Malicious Process of JS.Kopiwak
Once JS.Kopiwak get executed in the targeted system then it will execute several malicious process which put the system in poor condition. The first thing which it to after arriving in your computer is modifying system settings. After that it creates the following registry entries which give it privilege to run automatically every-time when the system starts :
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\” “wscript.exe
If this threat exist on your system then it make you unable to use your computer properly. As already stated, it run useless process which increase load on CPU. As a consequence, your system start running slow and all the application either run sluggish or fails to start. This malicious program is also capable to open backdoor in the compromised system and connect it to any of the following remote locations:
How To Prevent Infiltration Of JS.Kopiwak?
According to PC security experts, following the basic security technique is the best practice to protect your computer against trojan and malware. The most common distribution way of trojan is Internet so it is necessary to use firewall which prevents all the malicious incoming connection. Beside that avoid downloading free or pirated application because they usually comes with additional file which may harm your system. Next, always select custom or advance mode to install any application in your computer. Last but not the least, try to keep all your security and other application updated.
Removal instructions of JS.Kopiwak
It is necessary to remove JS.Kopiwak at its initial stage otherwise it will run several activity which destroy your computer. There are two known ways through which its removal is possible, that is manual or automatic (Recommended). To remove the trojan manually you can follow the below steps :
Step 1: Restart system in Safe Mode with Networking
- Click on Start menu then click Shutdown button.
- Then click on the Restart and click OK.
- Keep pressing F8 key once your PC become active.
- It open the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Now select Safe Mode with Networking
Step 2 : Uninstall JS.Kopiwak via control panel
- Click on the Start button > Control Panel
- Now go to programs -> click on Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for JS.Kopiwak related files
- Select the suspicious program and click Uninstall/Change
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 3 : Stop malicious process From Task Manager
- Press Windows + R button together.
- A run box will open on your screen
- Now you have to type “taskmgr” in run box
- After that click on OK button.
- In the Process tab and select suspicious process
- Click on End process tab
If you are not a tech savvy and unable to remove the trojan through manual steps then don’t get panic. You can use Free-scanner which is an automatic tool that remove JS.Kopiwak completely from your system in few steps.