Duoso.com is detected as browser hijacker virus which aims to hijack your browser and redirect you to another suspicious website. This malicious domain is a chinese search engine that provides almost every function which a genuine search engine provide. Cyber criminals who are behind this attack mainly aims to generate money from its creators. This chinese search provider contains direct access to some shopping sites, some social networking sites and some other famous sites. The web browser are first one to get infected by this browser hijacker. Whatever browser you use such as Google chrome, Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox and opera, it gets infected by Duoso.com virus. This website was created on 2008-12-14 and was last updated on 2016-12-10. This domain disguises itself as a useful search engine but actually it is not. This hijacker virus seeks chance to get inside your system and promote its software.
Greater the number of software works for the cyber hackers, more malware it will promote. And this way hackers receives more revenue. Duoso.com is programmed to track what users are doing through advanced cookies which it utilizes. Hence, it can collect your most frequent search queries made on the search engine and presents irrelevant search results. These search results are not meant to provide you useful information what you are looking for instead it redirects you to some malicious sites. If you accidentally add this nasty domain, you will be constantly redirected to Duoso.com. Moreover, the home page and new tab of the browsers are set to this site as well. On entering the targeted PC, it tries to hide itself so that it can last long and carries out a number of tricky process to ruin the system as well as its data and files. In addition to this, you could also end up seeing intrusive ads and paid links.
Various Ways By Which Duoso.com Gets Inside The Computer System
You may be surprised to know that whatever you do on internet increases the maximum possibility to infect your computer with threats or malwares. There few things by which this nasty hijacker virus can hit your machine. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Malicious domains can offer different free downloads like free software, browser extensions, toolbars, add-on and etcetera.
- Downloading junk or spam files or softwares then running it on your system without deep inspection.
- Updating softwares or drivers through unofficial sites or redirected links.
- Installing any pirated software along with their additional items like add-ons, free bar and so on.
- Playing games online.
- Clicking on any unknown or dubious ads or sponsored links.
Harmful Consequences of Duoso.com
- Duoso.com starts executing its malicious codes to infect the system after changing entries of the targeted system.
- It then begins to apply some changes to installed browsers on the system like it changes the home page and search engine.
- Duoso.com causes sluggish performance of the system.
- Redirection of web page to some malicious site is very common thing.
- You cannot manually undone the changes made by this hijacker virus.
- Slow internet connection.
- Presence of unwanted toolbars, add-ons and extensions in the browser.
- You will get unwanted ads and pop-ups when you are online on your computer screen.
Eliminate Duoso.com From Your PC
It is quite easy to remove Duoso.com from your system using the effective steps mentioned below.
Easily Remove Duoso.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Menu icon.
- Click on Add-ons options from the list.
- Goto Extension tab and click.
- Select all the Duoso.com related add-ons.
- Click on Remove button.
- Now, restart your system to apply the changes.