FrozrLock Ransomware deemed as ransomware which is harmful for user computer in a way that it can corrupt user’s important data and files just to extort money. Extortion of money is the only motive of the hackers behind every attack done by FrozrLock Ransomware. According to reports, FrozrLock Ransomware is found to be an upgraded version of FileFrozr RaaS ransomware developed in March, 2017. fileFrozr ransomware is written using C# language. The FileFrozr Raas ransomware locks the files on the targeted computer and offers help at lower price as compared to other ransomware. FrozrLock Ransomware can be run on latest version of Windows and also supports Vista and XP. The cyber crooks of this ransomware can choose between AES-256, RSA-4096 and Twofish256 cryptographic algorithms for the encryption process. This particular ransomware has a loader module which is designed to install it then load it into the system’s memory.
Payload of FrozrLock Ransomware comes from a remote server in an encrypted shell which needs to be decrypted with the help of decryption key. It gets activated by injecting code into already running processes. In this way, most of the anti-malware tools are not able to detect its activity. The following executable files are used by this threat :
You can also find its files in folder under AppData directory which is hidden under User directory by default. The files extensions can be encrypted by this ransomware :
.3gp, .7z, .apk, .avi, .bmp, .cdr, .cer, .chm, .conf, .css, .csv, .dat, .db, .djvu, .dbx, .docm, ,doc, .epub, .docx .fb2, .flv, .gif, .gz, .iso, .dbf, .ibooks,.jpeg, .jpg, .key, .mdb .md2, .mdf, .mht, .mobi .mhtm, .mkv, .mov, .mp3, .mp4, .mpg .mpeg, .pict, .pdf, .pps, .pkg, .png, etc. There is slight modification in this ransomware and that is, the files encrypted by this threat retains their original file extensions and name even after encryption. Though, the files retain their original extensions, it is likely to represent itself as a white icon. An attempt to open that file may show an alert that the file is damaged or corrupted. Also, it is smart enough in a way that it erases its tracks ad remove associated infrastructure. A ransom note is placed on the desktop stating :
Various Methods Of FrozrLock Ransomware To Attack PC
Cyber crooks are responsible for the distribution of their ransomware so they find easy and deceptive methods to accomplish their goal. Some of the common distribution methods used by FrozrLock Ransomware include spam emails, software bundling, fake patches to Java and Adobe Flash, corrupted documents, fake games, etc. These methods are easy because most of the users time are spend surfing internet, downloading free softwares, playing games and watching videos which indirectly causes viruses to enter the system.
What Harms Are Done By FrozrLock Ransomware On The Targeted System?
- The very first thing done by FrozrLock Ransomware is locking up important files and documents which is nearly impossible to unlock it without a decryption key.
- It carries away your important and crucial information like bank details, card details, etc.
- It can make your system extremely slow and difficult to operate.
- It can install other harmful malwares onto the targeted system.
How To Get Rid Of FrozrLock Ransomware Easily?
There are some manual removal steps mentioned below to help you in getting rid of FrozrLock Ransomware. Follow the steps to delete it.
Get Rid Of FrozrLock Ransomware From Control Panel
- Goto Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Now, click on Uninstall a Program.
- In the window that appears, select the unwanted program.
- Click on Uninstall option.
Get Rid Of FrozrLock Ransomware From Task Manager
- Press Alt + Ctrl + Del keys to open task manager.
- Click on Task tab.
- Select and click on malicious tasks running.
- Click on End Task button.
Get Rid Of FrozrLock Ransomware From Registry Entry
- Press Win + R key together to open run dialog box.
- Type ‘regedit’ in the box and hit Enter key.
- Find out malicious entries and delete them all.