Fix Your Browser Infected With Seekdns.com
Have you ever noticed that home page of your web browser change into some unknown web page which you are not familiar with? You got to suffer with a number of advertisements while surfing online? And so you are facing problem while doing your online work? What to do next? Read the following passage to get the answer.
Seekdns.com is controlled by cyber criminals to infect computers of innocent users. As soon as you use the domain to make any query, the malicious code embedded within the domain gets activated and penetrate into your computer. The malware gets loaded in the background and start infecting the targeted system slowly. At first, hijacker virus starts infecting the browser. The web browsers which are get infected can be Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, opera and Internet explorer. Thus, the domain is put into browser hijacker category due to its hijacking property. For the records, this site is created on 2009-08-03 and updated on 2016-07-30. Microsoft-IIS/8.5 is its server type. It is registered by an organization namely, Corporation Service Company. This harmful program is developed with the only motive of earning money from innocent users. Hackers uses various tricks to extort money from them. Also, owners of the domain also want to increase traffic to their websites or boost sales.
Reason Behind The Existence Of Seekdns.com On My Browsers
The reason behind the intrusion of Seekdns.com is that you might have agreed to its ‘Terms & Conditions’ to install it. Indeed, it is true yet disappointing and unexpected. This is very often case where users make mistakes and allow the malicious program to enter their system. Seekdns.com spreads itself in form of software bundle as additional downloads. This happens when you choose Quick or Recommended settings for installation instead Advanced or Custom settings, you directly give approval to install all extra and unneeded applications on your computer. Another ways by which this hijacker virus can enter your computer are :
- Spam emails attachments
- Clicking unknown links, ads or pop-ups
- Visiting malicious websites or domains
- Updating software from redirected links
Malicious Impacts Of Seekdns.com
- Web browsers are the easy target of browser hijacker which changes all its settings as well as homepage and search engine.
Deceleration of computer speed due to consumption of system resources by the malicious code for its execution.
- It can drop some more harmful files on the targeted system.
- It creates loopholes in the system for the intruders to access the system easily.
- It keeps record of all your browsing activity.
- Disable system security and other running anti-virus program.
Seekdns.com Removal Steps
Follow the removal steps mentioned below to delete Seekdns.com from your infected computer.
Remove Seekdns.com From Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and click on its Menu button at the top right corner of the window.
- Click Add-ons.
- Now, click on Extension panel.
- Select malicious extensions.
- Click remove button to delete it.
- Again, click Menu button.
- Click Preferences option.
- In the window appeared, goto General tab.
- Under the tab, type the desired URL in the Home Page field.
- Click Restore to Default and press OK.