Screenshot Pro is termed as potentially unwanted program which is designed to hamper computer system and the data saved in it. The potentially unwanted program (abbreviated as PUP) is also referred as adware program. An adware program has the ability to produce tons of ads on the infected computer screen. The screen is filled with unknown ads and pop-ups distracting you so that you click on them and get redirected to their malicious sites. Thus, Screenshot Pro is a kind of ad-supported application programmed to deliver excessive amount of fake or offensive pop-ups or ads carrying some malicious code in them on the infected browser.
It is observed that when you open your default web browser you will receive dozen of pop-ups in form of coupons, deals, faulty alerts, exciting offers, banners and all those interesting thing which can lure users easily. Technically, it is developed by ShenZhen Enode Techology co,.Ltd company in order to earn money from innocent users through deceptive method. This adware program generally hides itself in the background and turns on itself automatically when the system start up. The important files and documents are made completely inaccessible and unusable.
As the name indicates, it is a program provided for taking screenshot with the following options like Region Capture, Print Screen, Custom Capture and Scroll Capture. These various options are provided to allow users to take screenshot of any area according to their need. However, clicking on any of the options of this malicious software may inject harmful code into the system and start its execution to harm the system. According to Malwarebytes, Screenshot Pro installs its extensions into the browser so that it can easily shows its sponsored ads and pop-ups. Clicking on the ads or pop-ups shown by them can redirect you to some malicious sites or may inject harmful code into the targeted browser.
Screenshot Pro Distribution Methods
Screenshot Pro uses similar tricks to distribute itself. This potentially unwanted software can be installed via free downloadable content which involves freeware, shareware and torrent files. These softwares are advertised in order to trick you into installing it into your computer. Furthermore, these programs are advertised on the websites containing prohibited content like video streaming sites and pornography sites. These domain are found to have malware or other threats. Screenshot Pro is also promoted via download manager which offers to install this program for free. However, when installing such software if you skip Custom installation then you could probably get this virus on your system.
Common Harmful Doings Of Screenshot Pro
- Screenshot Pro makes your computer relatively slow and sluggish.
- There are dozens of ad, pop-ups, banners, coupons, banners, etc present all over the screen making you annoyed and also disturbs your browsing activity.
- This will disable all the security system and privacy of the targeted computer.
- It can add harmful extension or add-ons into your browser.
- It can allow other threats to invade your system.
- It takes up almost huge resources of the system to keep itself running.
- It changes default settings of the registry entry and other important settings.
Manually Remove Screenshot Pro From The System
Remove Screenshot Pro From Control Panel
- Click on start menu.
- Goto Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a Program option.
- Select the unwanted program and click Uninstall.
Remove Screenshot Pro From Task Manager
- Right click on Taskbar.
- Select Start Task Manger option.
- Under processes tab, choose the malicious process running.
- Click End Task button.
Remove Screenshot Pro From Registry Entry
- Press Win + R key altogether.
- In the box, type ‘regedit’.
- Hit Enter key.
- Locate all the entries related to Screenshot Pro and remove them.