How To Remove Mapsgalaxy Toolbar : Easy Removal Guide
Mapsgalaxy Toolbar is regarded as a potentially unwanted program which is developed by Mindspark Interactive Network. according to the developer, it is a tool which is dedicated for improving browsing experience of its user. It is advertised on its official website that is Free.MapsGalaxy.com. It is offered for free of cost and claims to provide best mapping tool and direction on the web. At first, it may look like a perfect companion for traveling. So many PC user find this tool effective but you must know that it has several negative impacts on your system. This tool-bar can get installed in your browser without your knowledge and it is compatible with Mozilla Firefox and Internet explorer. However, it is not a threat itself but it is a potentially unwanted program which can bring malware and arise issues soon your system. So don’t take the risk and remove it from your PC soon.
Technical details of Mapsgalaxy Toolbar
- Category : PUP
- Installation folder: C:\Program Files\MapsGalaxy_39\bar\2.bin
- Uninstaller : rundll32 C:\Program Files2\MAPSGA~2\bar\1.bin\39Bar.dll,O
- Program size: 11.87 MB
- Program module : 39Bar.dll
- Path: C:\Program Files\MapsGalaxy_39\bar\2.bin\39Bar.dll
- MD5 : 96a060cf33a2c42617cf13224a47db07
Why you should not rely on Mapsgalaxy Toolbar ?
As already stated that Mapsgalaxy Toolbar can install its extension to all the popular web browser. Apart form that it also alter the settings of your system and then initiate several annoying issues. According to the victims, this unwanted program change the browser homepage with home.mywebsearch.com and search engine with mywebsearch. This search engine is reported as unsafe search provider which provide modified search result and display tons of ads. With the help of these ads, its developer generate revenue.
Mapsgalaxy Toolbar is unsafe for your privacy
Maybe the website of Mapsgalaxy Toolbar look harmless but you must be aware because it can exploit your privacy. It can be understand from the Term of User document of this site where you notice that it can collect your personal information. So once this tool-bar get installed on your browser then whatever you do online get track. Apart form that your personal information such as email ID, name, searched keywords, visited webpage etc may be stored by it. It will sale it later to is partner site and on the basis of that data it display ads. Avoid clicking on the ads which is delivered by this program because it can lead into downloading other malware. So don’t waste time and remove Mapsgalaxy Toolbar.
How Mapsgalaxy Toolbar infiltrate?
In some case user download this tool-bar form the official website believing it an useful program. But most of the time this unwanted program make use of unreliable way and invade system silently. There are several site which provide interesting and useful application at free of cost. If you like to download such freeware then beware because such application contains unsafe component such as potentially unwanted program or malware. So when you install these freeware in your system then the additional component also get injected silently in the PC. You must avoid downloading freeware and always opt custom or advance setting to install any application.
Removal Instructions of Mapsgalaxy Toolbar
If you also see Mapsgalaxy Toolbar in your browser then you should remove it without any delay. In order to remove it form your browser, you can use the following manual removal steps:
Remove plug-in related to Mapsgalaxy Toolbar
From Internet explorer
- Open IE and click on the Tools button.
- After that click on Manage add-ons.
- Click Tool-bars and Extensions and select Mapsgalaxy.
- Remove all extension you do not know.
- If unable to delete the add-on then click Disable button.
From Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu button and select Add-ons.
- It will open the Add-ons Manager.
- From Add-ons Manager tab, choose the Extensions panel.
- Make sure to remove all the suspicious extensions .
- Click on disable or remove button of Mapsgalaxy.
- Then, Click on Restart now if it pops up.
Reset Browser setting to its default
From Internet explorer
- Close all the Internet Explorer Tab.
- Select Tools button and go to Internet options.
- Select Advanced tab then select Reset.
- In the Reset Settings dialog box, again select Reset.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click menu button and then click on help .
- Then go to Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Reset Firefox button
- Click on Reset Firefox in the confirmation window.
If you are unable to remove the threat from your system even after using the manual steps then don’t worry. You can use Free-scanner which is an automatic toll that remove any threat from your system completely.