Trojan/Win32.VenusLocker.R192621 is harmful Trojan ransomware which targets only Windows platform. This nasty Trojan virus is associated with VenusLocker virus, which is a ransomware virus. Don’t get confuse many ransomware developer tie-ups with Trojan virus to first weaken the system security and then infect them with ransom code. Being a ransomware virus, it will surely ask for money from the user’s. This Trojan Ransomware virus is totally based on EDA2 virus ( it is also a ransomware virus which encrypt victims system with strong code). To know how this virus get into the system and how to remove Trojan/Win32.VenusLocker.R192621 follow this article…
Trojan/Win32.VenusLocker.R192621 is a virus which have both Trojan properties and ransomware properties. So you need an experts view to remove this from your system. If you will get the source of the ransomware virus then it will be easy to remove it. However if the files infected with this virus, you must restore it from back-up. Trojan/Win32.VenusLocker.R192621 is identified by many different anti virus which is listed here. This given list also indicate that this is very noxious virus, because it can infect a single system with different names, and user can’t detect it. However the removal of these virus is very simple, and also removed by our malware experts. But first see the the virus list which is detected differently by different Anti-virus:
McAfee : ARTEMIS!867FD7F501A3
Microsoft Center : RANSOM:MSIL/VENUSLOCKER.A
Symantec : RANSOM.ENCIPHERED
TrendMicro : RANSOM_VENUSLOCK.SM
AhnLab : TROJAN/WIN32.VENUSLOCKER.R192621
ALYac : TROJAN.DROPPER.1003362
AVG : RANSOM.EDA2
Avira : TR/DOWNLOADER.TGMXI
BitDefender : GEN:HEUR.RANSOM.HIDDENTEARS.1
DrWeb : TROJAN.ENCODER.5193
ESET : MSIL/FILECODER.CE
Fortinet : MSIL/GENERIC.AP.C1A660!TR
Jiangmin : TROJAN.CRYPMOD.GX
Malwarebytes : RANSOM.VENUSLOCKER.GENERIC
Qihoo-360 : WIN32/TROJAN.DOWNLOADER.21A
Rising : RANSOM.FILECRYPTOR!8.1A7-MEDPN2DHVMU
Tencent : WIN32.TROJAN.DOWNLOADER.EANN
ViRobot : TROJAN.WIN32.VENUSLOCKER.GEN.A[H]
Yandex : TROJAN.CRYPMOD!
As you are already aware that this Trojan/Win32.VenusLocker.R192621 is associated with Venuslocker Ransomware virus which means it will encrypt the victim’s files and ask for the money. This virus will use AES-256 encryption algorithm to encrypt all the present files on the system. Once this virus successfully encrypt the victim’s files it will add “.vensuf” extension to every encrypted files. Along with the virus a ransom note is also saved on the system, but only get active when user click on the encrypted files. Moreover the desktop wallpaper is also get changed to the ransom note. A file name “CO3FhMAWCAEP.jpg” is saved on the system which show the ransom image. The developer will ask user to pay the money on the given email address, it also scare the user to give immediately otherwise all the files will get deleted forever. The wallpaper is given below and the ransom note is written on it. However there is another file name “ReadME.txt” which also contain the ransom note but in text format.
How To Remove Trojan/Win32.VenusLocker.R192621 ??
To remove Trojan/Win32.VenusLocker.R192621 from the infected system you need to follow the given manual steps.
Step 1 : Start PC in Safe Mode With Networking
For Windows XP and Windows 7 Users
- To start your computer in Safe Mode, click on Restart, click OK.
- During your computer start process, press the F8 key on your keyboard continuously until you see the Windows Advanced Option menu
- Then select Safe Mode with Networking from the pop up list.
For Windows 8/10 Users
- Go to the Windows 8 Search Screen, type Advanced, from the search results select Settings.
- Click on Advanced Startup options, from the “General PC Settings” window.
- Click on the “Restart now” button.
- Now click on the “Troubleshoot” button, then click on “Advanced options”.
- In the advanced option screen click on “Startup settings”.
- Now click on the “Restart” and then your PC will restart into the Startup Settings screen.
- Press “5” to boot in Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2: Restore The PC
- First Shut down and then Restart your PC, press the F8 key on your keyboard continuously until the Windows Advanced Options List appears
- Then select Safe Mode with Command Prompt from the list and press ENTER
- When Command Prompt mode loaded, enter the given command : cd restore and press ENTER
- And then enter this command: rstrui.exe and press ENTER
- Click “Next”on the opened window
- Now click “Yes” on opened window.