Remove Trustedsurf.com Virus: Easy Removal Tips
Trustedsurf.com is categorized as a perilous browser hijacker virus. After your computer becomes infected with nasty browser hijacker threat, it begins modifying browser settings and hamper your browsing experience. You will notice that both the default search engine and the current browser home page has been replaced with Trustedsurf.com. Obviously, you are now forced to use the search engine each time you surf the Web. It is supposed to provide quick access to some of the most popular sites in within few seconds such as Amazon, Facebook, Ebay, Twitter, Yahoo and Pinterest. Remember, this virus is malicious. Its main objective is to increase web traffic to some specific websites that may not be safe. It also Sponsors by generating web links that helps hackers to get easy illegitimate benefits from online. You are constantly bombarded with links to the unreliable, highly suspicious and highly invasive sites. As you can imagine, you could easily end up in a compromised website infested with malware. Trustedsurf.com worsens your browsing experience. It has to be removed and the sooner the better.
How You Got Infected With Trustedsurf.com?
Trustedsurf.com official website does not offer a download option. That should be your first warning sign regarding the reliability of this program. This virus sneaks into your system through deception and cunningness via freeware packages or shareware devices. This browser hijacker can also come into your PC via spam email attachments, clicking or suspicious links, visiting or downloading pornographic content etc. Sometimes, Trustedsurf.com pretends to a be fake software updates like Java or Adobe Reader however you must remember there is browser hijacker lurking behind the program. Therefore, you must choose advanced and custom installation process while installing any program.
Evil Traits Of Trustedsurf.com Virus
Trustedsurf.com browser hijacker follows the classic pattern and perform vicious activities on your system, some of them are listed below-
- Wrecking havoc immediately after installation and its main concern is to generate as many as possible sponsored web links.
- Trustedsurf.com is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Once carried by all browsers, the kidnapper simply proceeds to mess with your settings and take over your browser and replace the homepage with its name.
- This virus displays results unreliable, potentially malicious search help hackers gain profit online.
- It collects your passwords and usernames, steals your browsing history and might even try to spy on some personal identification like bank details, email ids and other important document on the targeted system also.
- Your system will hang or freeze regularly and the Internet will become slow and unstable.
There are 3 ways to remove Trustedsurf.com virus one is through manual method and the second one is by removing the threat manually by using a robust and reliable third party tool .i.e free scanner tool.
Remove Trustedsurf.com Manually From Mozilla Firefox
Method 1: Manually
- Open Mozilla Firefox and type “about:addons” in the URL field.
- The list of extensions and add-ons page will appear.
- Now choose and remove Trustedsurf.com malicious extensions.
Method 2 : Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click On Firefox menu button which is In the upper-right corner of the Firefox window, then click on “Help” option.
- Select Troubleshooting Information from the help menu. If you are not in accessing the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to open the Troubleshooting information page.
- Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button in the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page.
- To continue, click on the “Refresh Firefox” button in the new confirmation window that appears.
- Firefox will close itself and will go back to its default settings. When this process gets completed a window will list the information which was imported. Click on “Finish“ button.
Method 3: Automatically