Step By Step Guide To Remove Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen
Yesterday i got a link in my mailbox and after clicking on that my PC get infected by Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen. I get that my system is behaving strangely and much slower than ever. I try my best to remove this threat from the system through different method, but each time i failed. Now, it is creating more issue and i am unable to use my system properly. So if anyone have idea regarding removal of this trojan then please help me to remove it from my computer.
Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen is a infamous and dangerous Trojan which is reported by many users for creating serious issue on their system. This nasty threat is a creation of some cyber offenders whose intention is to extort money or private data from novice users. The very trojan has the ability to execute different malicious process which put the victim system in bad condition. Even it doesn’t take any permission to enter its targeted system. User cannot realize the appearance of this threat until antivirus software alert them about it. If your antivirus also alert you about this threat then immediately remove it from your system.
Different antivirus vendor has detected this threat from different names. Below are the different name of this trojan which help you to detect it in your system.
- Win32/Heur.dropper or Win32Heurdropper
Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen Is Disastrous
This nasty trojan has the ability to execute several task which make it really disastrous. The first thing which it do after getting installed in the system is to modify system setting and drop its file to startup program. This help it to get started automatically within the computer. It stop all security software of the infected system which allow other threat to attack it easily. When it invade into the system, if there are information about accounts passwords, banking data, credit card password and other sensitive info., victim are under high risks of privacy leakage. Because it connect the PC to some remote server and upload these data so that hackers can easily access them. So if you don’t want to face this issue and want to prevent further damage then remove Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen instantly.
How Does It Infiltrate My PC?
Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen is a slick threat which is designed to sneak into its targeted computer silently without user permission. In order to get inside the targeted system it use several methods. However, the exact infiltration method of this threat is not known but it can use the following invasion method to break into your PC.
- Because of opening spam email attachments.
- Through software bundling method
- Via infected removable media drives.
- Due to peer to peer file sharing network.
- Visiting adult sites and clicking unknown links.
So, if you don’t want to encounter this nasty trojan in your system then pay attention while using your computer. It is a good practice to keep updating antivirus software because outdated antivirus is unable to detect any threat.
Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen Removal Instructions
It is not easy to remove stubborn and dangerous threats like Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen. But if you let it in your system then it completely destroy it. So, if you are a experience user then follow the be,low manual removal method to remove this trojan.
Step 1 : Show Hidden Files and Folder
- Right click on the Windows logo button
- Then select open Windows explorer.
- Click organize then select folder > search option
- Click on View tab select Show hidden files and folders
- Un-mark check-box for Hide protected files.
- Click Yes on the warning and then click OK.
Step 2 : Delete Hidden Files and Folder
- Go to your computer screen and open Windows Explorer.
- Here you will find the list of all system files.
- Find all the suspicious files related to Trojan
- Select the malicious folder and click Shift+Delete+Enter.
Step 3 : Stop Trojan related process From Windows Task Manager
- Press Windows logo + R button together.
- It will open the run box on your screen
- Now type “taskmgr” and click on the OK button.
- Then you have to go to Process tab
- Select trojan related process and click End Process.
Note :- As mentioned above, go for the manual removal process only if you have enough computer knowledge otherwise any wrong step can create problem for you. Hence, it is recommended to remove Heur:Trojan.WinLNK.Agent.gen with Free scanner. It not need much skill and removes the threat in just few clicks.