Uninstall 159media.com : Know How to Eliminate 159media.com
Belonging to the browser hijacker family, 159media.com has been characterized as a online fraud created to trick users to generate illegal money from them. Once loaded bombards the browser’s screen with unstoppable crazy pop-ups within browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc. It is a severe threat for the PC which most probably infiltrates inside the PC secretly along with the installation of freeware and shareware programs. Right after sneaking inside the PC it modifies the preset system settings as well as the browser’s settings and redirects the user’s searches to several advertising websites containing a variety of products or services. This infection has also been labeled dangerous for the user’s personal security since it spy on their browsing session and accommodate their personal stuff which is further then transmitted to the online marketing agent for commercial purpose. This browser hijacker degrades the PC’s speed as well as the browser’s speed badly via consuming large amount of system space. It also diminishes the Internet speed. In addition to all this it also downloads and installs numerous other vicious infections inside the PC via deactivating the pre-installed system security program. Therefore due to such disastrous consequences it would be not wrong to say that to browse uninterruptedly and efficiently it is very important to eliminate 159media.com quickly from the PC. But before that it is even more essential to know about the ways via which it invade inside the PC.
How 159media.com Penetrates Inside The PC :
- Free Downloading or Online Sharing – This trick has been referred one of the most common trick implemented by the developer of this infection to injects this threat inside the PC. In this technique this browser hijacker is bundled with certain freeware softwares and when the user download and install them, it get silently lurk inside the PC.
- Via File Attachments – Accessing spam emails and opening it’s vicious attachments is one of the major reason responsible behind the invasion of this threat inside the PC.
- With Online File Sharing Process – Sometimes when file is shared among two or more computer systems connected via LAN connection, then this infection get installed into the PC.
- Infected USB Drives – Transferring files from one computer system to another with the help of infectious removable storage media also leads to the penetration of this infection inside the PC.
- Outdated Security Program – Often because of running outdated or older version of firewall and security program in the system, this threat lurks inside the PC.
Harmful Consequences Of 159media.com :
- First of all bombards the browser’s screen with unstoppable pop-ups and messages.
- Modifies the internal, new tab, search and other settings of almost every most utilized web browser programs.
- Replace the personal homepage and preset search engine with unfamiliar website and fake search engine respectively.
- Open new tabs automatically after browser gets launched.
Redirects the user’s searches to several vicious as well as unethical sites.
- Steals the user’s confidential information and send it to the online marketing agent for commercial purpose.
- Enables several other potentially unwanted programs to get attached with the browsers and spoils it’s performance.
- Degrades the PC’s speed as well as the Internet speed on huge extent via making use of plenty of system resources.
So, in order to get rid of all such hazardous issues and to make efficient utilization of PC, it is undoubtedly very important to uninstall 159media.com quickly from the PC. To accomplish that purpose it is suggested to implement the below discussed manual instructions since they have been proven to be enough efficient to eject malicious infection from the PC.
Manual Removal Guide Of 159media.com :
Step 1 : Remove 159media.com associated programs from the computer.
On Windows 10 Computer
- Firstly click Start Menu >> click All apps
- Now select 159media.com and other undesired and suspicious programs, right-click it and then select Uninstall
Step 2 : Uninstall 159media.com plug-in, toolbar, add-on, extensions from Opera
Method 1 : Steps To Eliminate 159media.com from Opera
- First of all open the Opera browser and then click on Customize and Control Opera button which is present on the top left part of the Window. Now from the drop-down list, make selection of Extensions Manager.
- Next detect all the suspicious extensions created by the infection and then tap on Disable button.
- Further click on Customize and Control Opera button and then choose Settings option.
- After that go to On startup section and then select the radio button of Open a specific page or set of pages option. Next click on Set pages option.
- Now Startup pages dialog box will appear on the screen. Here click the X button after making selection of unwanted entries. One can choose his/her desired start page and then click on OK button.
- One can also select his/her desired search engine from the Search section located under the Settings option.
Finally restart the Opera browser.
Method 2 : Reset the Opera settings to default
- Firstly select Settings from the Customize and then Control Opera button.
- Now go to Privacy and Security option and after that click on Clear browsing data.
- Next Clear browsing data will appear on the screen. One should activate all the check boxes and choose “the beginning of time” option from the drop-down list. Finally at last click in Clear Browsing data option.
Step 3 : Modify system folder settings to show all the hidden files
On Windows 10 Computer
- First of all select the ‘Start’ button and then choose ‘File Explorer’.
- After that select the ‘View’ tab.
- Next check the ‘Hidden items’ check boxes to view the hidden items.
Step 4 : Now locate and delete 159media.com associated files in hidden folders mentioned below :
Step 5 : Next locate and remove 159media.com associated registry files mentioned below :
- Firstly open Registry Editor
On Windows 10 Computer
- Press Win + R on the keyboard. One can do this either at Windows 8 Start menu/Metro screen or on Windows 8 desktop.
- Now at the dialog box that pops open, type regedit.exe and then hit OK.
- After hitting the OK, Windows UAC will prompt the users to confirm he/she want to open Registry Editor – Press ‘Yes’.
- Now find out and eliminate all the harmful registry files associated with 159media.com mentioned below :
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRunOnce[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Default_Page_URL”
Though the above discussed manual instructions of removing 159media.com works efficiently but on the other hand it is also the fact that it is most complicated way that can only get handled by advanced users. So, in a case if you are not so great on your PC skills and sufficient experienced in handling virus manually then it is advised to not utilize the solution discussed above since it may lead to system crash if implemented carelessly. Instead of that it is recommended to make usage of ‘Free Scanner Tool’. This tool do have a very easy and interactive user-interface. It being embedded with various powerful and advance algorithmic skills performs a deep scanning of the PC and traces the locations of even those infections which very easily and quickly detect the locations of even those infections whose locations are not easily traceable.